Sunday, April 02, 2006

Gym Progress 32

Couldn't stand delaying last(/this) week's gym progress anymore... last Monday Steve was awesome! ( I think this is the third time this week that I've mentioned this, innit?) Last Saturday Wilson (See this post in reference to "nice buffed up guy in glasses) mentioned that Steve's Monday class was always the most fun, so I packed up my bags right after work and headed straight towards the TST branch to see what the "most fun" really meant. It seemed like all the hard core aero people were there.... Everyone was there. But unfortunately for me, Steve started out the class saying... "This is the last time I'm going to teach in this slot on Mondays".

Sucks.

But you should've seen the steps, they were AMAZING. Totally. Something that you don't easily forget even after a week. It was sooooo cool.

Sorry. I know I'm being sidetracked.

Anyways. Fast forward to Saturday afternoon. Wasn't able to attend the usual Saturday morning (I wanted to see if Andrei was any good) because I had to go to a database in-house training. But as I've mentioned a few posts ago, I got news of Andrei's style, and I ended up asking Zhang Yi Mou look alike if he knew anyone else that was worth going to on Sundays.... he did mention Calvin, over at Whampoa, but he had a point: Whampoa is WAAAAY over THERE. Way too far away. So he just smiles and says "Oh well, I guess we won't be able to play and enjoy this Sunday then." Gah.

Even worse, I double checked the Sunday schedule, and Calvin wasn't really around this week. Probably went together with Suzette, Michelle and the others. So it was either stay at home, or try and see how Andrei fares. As I've mentioned in my previous post, it was the latter.

Come Sunday, I still see Zhang at the reception.

"Oh, you're going to attend today? thought you weren't. Are you going to try?" I asked.
"I'm probably not going to try... I'm just going to look."
"Heh, well look away then.. :P "

Anyways, as it turned out, Andrei wasn't so bad. Sure he was sightly slow at the start, but he did have some pretty nice moves during the whole choreography. The blocks are a bit short, but I would suppose that its only because he kept it simple since he wasn't accustomed to the hk style yet. I'm almost pretty sure he'll turn out ok. He was a bit self conscious with the step terms and his english, but it wasn't really a problem. I could tell Zhang was looking from the outside, don't know if he thought otherwise, but I think people should give Andrei a chance... the guys last Saturday were pretty harsh saying that he was slow. Personally I (and a few others) thought was right: Andrei was probably just trying to adjust and adapt to the people first. Gaahh. It's going to be interesting once Andrei gets the hang of hk style aero. ^_^ I think he'll rock.

But I still really think Steve's choreography last Monday was AWESOME. Too bad it was his last time in THAT slot. darn.

Week 32
Mon(SM): Steve (OMG, OMG, AWESOME!)
Sat (SM): Steve
Sun(ISM): Andrei

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home