Saturday, April 01, 2006

To Attend or Not To Attend (Gym Class)

Gym Alert, Gym Alert, Gym Alert.

New step aerobics instructor on board this week. Replacing a whole of the classes that I attend/will possibly consider to attend. Bad news, it looks like his step aerobics - advanced level - is a bit "slow" and "basic" for a couple of the hard core step aerobics regulars that attended the I-A level just this morning. Hey you can't blame me, I have vested interests in particular aerobics classes - they ARE my most effective stress relievers. Essentially I asked Wilson (I finally found out the name of the guy in glasses!) if he attended this morning's Saturday's class... he didn't, but one of his friends did. And his friend gave us a sample of the steps involved this morning...

It didn't seem like a very pretty sight. *worried*

Now he is taking hold of Suzette's usual Sunday schedule tomorrow.

Do I dare go, or not?

I don't want to waste my time, knowing that he's "slow"... but some people I overheard do have a point: He is new, and he's probably just adjusting to the style here in Hong Kong. For all we know he could just be holding back a lot... I mean, when I started out with Suzette, she wasn't exactly very complex... but she got pretty enjoyable and challenging after a while. I think she was checking to see if the people in her classes can follow her steps, and when we got better, she upped the stakes.

I suppose if I do attend tomorrow, it wouldn't make much of a difference, except that I probably lose 2 hours then. It would also be a huge letdown for a new instructor to see the participants in his classes dwindle down... just because the people won't give him a chance.

I would've wanted people to give me a chance.

I think maybe I'll go... but it would be nice if I were to try out Calvin too. Mr Zhang Yi Mou look alike did mention Calvin to be a running mate candidate for replacement with Suzette, when I asked for this opinion this afternoon. Hehehe. If that's his opinion, and based on his level of skill, I suppose then that Calvin would be a lot of fun, too, and up par to Steve and Suzette. Hmm. *ponder ponder*

BUT, MY gawd, I still can't forget last Monday's step class. Steve was AWESOME.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home