Thursday, March 23, 2006

What Kind of a Job is ....

Being a security guard in a slightly high profile business corporation building in the middle of the business district, particularly those stationed in each of the "interval" building elevators?

First thing, you're meeting people everyday who are too busy to even acknowledge of you.

Second thing, you're seeing people who have VIP jobs. They're always in a hurry to finish things up. They're not likely to say Hi to you.

Third thing, you're standing in the same place for the whole day, from at least 8am, to 8pm. (I suppose at the very least you're allowed bathroom breaks, right?)

Fourth thing, early in the morning/middle of the day/late in the evening, you're supposed to acknowledge these same people ... with a nod, or a gesture, or a greeting ... or something. Are security guards even allowed to not acknowledge the people who pass by the building doors, if they at least see that the people who pass into the section have building/access cards? These guards are always being snubbed. I wouldn't like that if it were my job.

Fifth thing. I _REALLY_ don't like being snubbed.

What a terribly awful job.

I feel really bad for the guard downstairs who's posted at the entrance of the elevators in our building/floor interval.

The least I can do is smile and acknowledge him if I do pass by. I hope I could make his work a bit better.

I feel lousy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home