Monday, November 07, 2005

One of the Last Things I Need To Worry About

OH NO, THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT!

I can't see my favorite aerobics instructor's name anywhere in this week's aero schedule!

*panic*

(Sounds like I'm fixed on drugs, isn't it? I told you before I was starting to sound like a gym rat.)

His name is Steve, and he's the only person so far that I religiously go to and line up for his class 1 hour before it starts (yes, that's 1 hour, cause the lines can be THAT long if I arrive "just on time") Usually, his classes are packed, and people try to stubbornly squeeze into spaces even if its obvious that there's not enough space left to even travel around. He teaches really fast too, and the tempo is always even faster, and he's not afraid of going over the clock just so everyone of us has a good time (its relative, of course).

The first time I went to his class, I was standing around for almost 70% of the time. (Yes it was embarrassing) It gradually got better, and now I can follow almost 100% of the time. It was really funny because I think I shouldn't have been in his class when I started (it was classified as "intermediate" and I followed with other "intermediate" step classes just fine) because after 2 months, I tried his advanced classes, and it was practically the same! (there were thoughts about flying as part of the routine before I actually tried this) But since I'm adequately prepared (1-2 months of scrambling around the step during his intermediate classes trying to figure out what the hell everyone was doing did help, I suppose) that went along fine. Been attending as much of his step classes as far as my financial budget goes (He does have some classes over at the Kowlooon side branches, but the commute expense wouldn't allow me to go any further :) )

I've had this funny feeling he was about the leave the gym, but I wasn't sure. Of course, I haven't really verified this. I'm just hoping against hope that he just took his time off. It would be a shame to have him go, he was one of the three instructors I really liked. I'll probably have to ask someone when I head off to the gym (hopefully... ok I know its ludicrous) later this week.


Still crossing my fingers though ^_^X

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home