Sunday, August 07, 2005

Gym Progress Week 7

WOW its my 7th week! Just one more week and then I pass my previous gym record :P

Wed: (Powerstep, BP) Suzette, Lorenzo. Starting to like how Lorenzo handles the class... sort of. Eating bubblegum while lifting weights and doing step aerobics. It ain't easy to try and catch your breath, chew and jump at the same time :P waiting for Ann. Did ok for BP. Had ff weights (all in lbs):
  • Warm up 3.5 each side
  • Squats 4.5 each side
  • Bench press 2 each side
  • Back 3.5, tricep 2.5
  • Lunges 4.5,
  • Shoulders side (is that 1.5 or 2.5? dumbbels) pullup bar 1 each side
  • situps
Sat: (ISM) First time I attempted Steve's class with 1 level raiser. Normally for beginners you'd just use a step. You can add more raisers to increase the height of the step. This in turn increases the impact of the aerobic class - you need to jump with more effort to get on the step with raisers. The maximum additional raisers I've seen so far is 2. Well, back to what I was saying. Its not as easy as I'd thought it would be, considering his classes involve lots of twisting and turning and spinning (its supposed to be an intermediate level class, but I have this funny feeling its already advanced. Either that, or I can't fanthom how his advanced classes are like. Maybe it involves flying?) I almost slipped on my raiser twice just trying to catch up with the class.. that would've been a sight though if I did fell though. I made enough noise almost tripping to get noticed (And not in a good way i suppose. I have to admit, it WAS embarrassing. Everyone else didn't seem to have any problem following the choreography) and called out a "Are you ok??" from him (and I always stay at the back of the class... good thing, phew.) But all in all, it was good.

The class was also packed.. as always. People just line up 30-40 minutes before the class to get good steps, raisers, as well as enough space to maneuver around. Since I always stay at the back corner of the class, I'm always in line with the Schwinn class Bicycles. Patsy helped me to move them to a more strategic position so there'll be more space... man those bicycles are heavy. But nevertheless, I got them moved away, so had enough space to jump all I want :P

Sun: (ISM,BP) This is probably the 3 or 4th time in a row I've seen the same guy who's always around on Steve's Sat ISM class in Causeway Bay. He's pretty good, which is also the reason why I choose the leftmost back corner during Saturdays. The back corner is hidden, makes me less conspicuous when I make a mistake, and have the tendency to disturb the least amount of people when I'm in my stationary what-the-heck-is-everybody-doing-I-really-dont-follow-I-just-stare-and-stare-at everyone-but-I-still-dont-get-it state. But also cause this guy is always somewhere in the leftmost midsection of the class, and he can catch up with Steve pretty well. Instead of actually looking at Steve's moves when he heads the class, (which is hard to do because there are almost 10-20 people between my line of sight and Steve) I follow this guy in front of me.

I barely know this guy, I don’t even know his name. He's just a familiar face, but for some strange reason I feel much better when he's around… hahah otherwise I'd be lost. But in Suzette's class she has less twist and turns. (She tries to tire you out... my personal opinion, of course) I can follow her lead relatively quicker compared to Steve's. Anyway, so this guy, I've been thinking of talking to him just like Patsy, meet new friends I suppose, blah blah blah.. well, just because he seems like an interesting person. I thought I was the only one who goes to these classes 2 days continuously, but it seems this guy also does it. I always wonder how often he goes to attend these ISM classes.

Anyway, interesting to see him there. The class was ok, and I've also added raisers for today. I figured, I wasn't probably burning enough calories with just one step and no raisers.. Its time to play the stakes up :) Strangely enough, right after the ISM class, although I've never really talked to Suzette, she actually recognized me (Well, I did attend her classes 6 months ago when she was still teaching beginners :D ) Well so much for being inconspicuous. I'm not saying its a bad thing however. I was a bit surprised, but more of pleasantly surprised. I'm so obssessed with being invisible. argh.

Well, still the same weights for BP.... And at the moment even after 7 weeks of working out, my muscles still hurt. Weird. Last time I remembered on my 7th week I've seemed to have already reached a plateau. Nothing was happening. Hmm. *ponder ponder*

*This post has been updated on 2006-01-14 for a referencing topic of a post on the same current day (2006-01-14)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home