Sunday, November 06, 2005

Taking R.I.C.E to New Levels

Ok, I know bed rest for my knees should be taken religiously, but I've seem to have taken it to new heights.

I spent the first few hours of my Saturday sort of sulking. This is due to doctor's orders I've received the day before - I can't go to the gym today, tomorrow, or anytime until late next week, and he said "better if I have the legs rest for a bit". That means, I'd have to stay home the whole weekend... NOOoooOOOOoo! (For family members, please, please do not mention this to mom or dad otherwise they'd ban me from going to the gym, oh like, maybe... FOREVER?)

Well, either way, I don't want to end up physically being unable to go to the gym, so I figured to follow doctor's (and the net's) orders religiously. That means: R.I.C.E. I started out my morning trying to setup the elevated leg. I checked the ice packs. I bought the knee supports yesterday immediately right after leaving the doctor's office. Check. Now all I needed was rest for the next 2 days.

Thankfully, I've had enough VCDs and DVDs stocked up. At 8am, I was up and sitting, feet up, ice pack applied, keyboard and mouse within easy reach and speakers adjusted to point directly straight to me. This is one of the first times that I'm glad to have purchased a 19" LCD screen... with my feet propped up in front of me, the screen would've been a bit too far away to see anything. But the big LCD monitor made it up for all that.

And then I watched.

And watched.

And watched.

And got hungry and grabbed a banana.

And then two.

And then three.

Then sick of bananas, I grabbed some pears. Then apples. Then bread. Then corn porridge. Then cookies and cream polvoron this one from Goldilocks.

And its not yet lunch.....

How horrible.

I was so full eating all my snacks, I couldn't even muster to eat lunch, dinner or breakfast or any meals properly. They were just all snacks. And snacks. And snacks.

And all this time I still had my feet propped up, occasionally shifting the ice pack back and forth from the fridge (too much ice is also bad).

Occasionally I'd draw out the curtains to get some sunshine. Then I'd open the windows to get some fresh autumn air. The whole world (at least the flats from the opposite building) was able to see me for the entire weekend with my feet propped up and gorging away while occasionally laughing hysterically to something on the other side of the LCD screen.

My head was hurting by Saturday night, so I devised to get some fresh air by... errr... going out Sunday morning to watch a movie. Tim Burton's The Corpse Bride. That went well I suppose. I had a medium sized caramel popcorn, and an Apple Danish right after. Some fresh air eh?

Then I went home, and was was back up at my seat... feet up, ice pack applied. And still watching from the LCD screen with my keyboard on my lap.

Then had apples. Then pears. Then persimmons. Then 2lbs grapes. Still Polvoron. 2 Oranges.

By the end of the day, my head was throbbing, my back was hurting (from all that propped up sitting) and I was literally too full to eat.

But it was my cousin's birthday, it turns out, and we're heading out to eat with family.

Oh-no.

No more snacking for me for the next week or two. If I snack some more, I'm going to throw up.
Hmm... Do you think I've overdone it? :P

I still hope my legs are better. They don't bother me as much during evenings anymore (I think they were replaced by the headaches from watching too much....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home