Thursday, October 27, 2005

"Ok-la" Haircut

Busy week last week... I finally took the time to have my mane of a hair cut last Sunday. Been almost 6 months since I last had my hair cut, methinks. That's the result of being stringy, by the way. Hair cut here costs extremely crazy. The last time I had a haircut was at Esprit saloon, and they were having a promotion of HKD$1399 for hair cut, hair color, highlights and treatment all in one go. The basic haircut is priced at HKD$400. Expensive huh? yes, that's precisely the reason why I've delayed having my hair cut for so long.

I'd probably delay it some more if not for the extremely stylish cut one of my colleagues got recently. After some inquiring, I found out that she got it for a mere HKD$128 (that's cheap already, by Hong Kong standards, folks) Almost 300% cheaper? Check. Needless to say, I asked to have myself booked for last Sunday.

The huge mop is now gone... and replaced with a tamer one. Still long hair, but I dont look like Mufasa any more.

Pretty good cutting, for the price. Not to say that its horrible; its not. I've had more expensive haircuts with less or the same end result, so its pretty good to say the least. I wish I had before and after pictures for you, but my camera just clunked out like a year ago, and cheapskate that I am, I haven't even bothered to buy a new one. Maybe when I get the chance to borrow my brother's camera and pose for some home made "glamour" shots (ugh, THAT should be disgusting... they always have some sort of softening or halo effect when you get those studio taken glamour shots. WHY IS THAT? WHY??)

Anyways. When I have the time then. If any one's interested in the name and address of the saloon I went to, just drop me a line. I've conveniently forgot to get a name card from the stylist, but I think I could drop by the place again one of these days and post the details. For now, all I can offer are crude directions (Causeway Bay, Hong Kong - across Mitsukoshi Department Store and immediately adjacent the standalone Bossini shop a block or 2 away Times Square, 2nd Floor) , the shop name (Time For Hair) and the first name of the stylist (Jojo).

Pictures will be posted when I get the time (probably never?) to get my headshots (mugshots?).

Have a nice day everyone.

3 Comments:

Blogger em said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:06 PM  
Blogger em said...

Haha, Mufasa hair. I like that. :p

I also had my hair cut a couple of weeks ago and it sucked. My "suki" hairdresser wasn't around so I had to have it cut by someone else.

And to think I have to have my picture taken for my passport. Aaargh!

4:13 PM  
Blogger cstiu said...

Oh my. I hate it when you have to give in passport photos that you're extremely dissatisfied with. Oh well, you'll have to live with it for 4 years until your next passport renewal then. :(

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home