Friday, November 26, 2004

New Nephew 's name still under consideration

My nephew (see previous entry) shall be christened with the name of....

I cant really say. My brother and my sister in law are having arguments with the name. She wants it to be Tydus. He wants to be faithful and name him Tidus.

Honestly, Tydus soounds like a Old Roman name. Like Typhus (isnt that a disease?) or Brutus or Damocles (is that Roman? sounds roman.) Maybe they should just name him Sophocles or Aristophanes? Aristotle? better yet, how about Plato? If my nephew comes back to get his education in my home country, he'd be a laughing stock being named as a dish.

And how about Tidus? It sounds like a popular clothes detegent. Does it even sound formal and appealling? beats me. My brother got the idea from the Final Fantasy X game. One of the lead characters. The one with the shining white remarkably unrealistic looking teeth during one of the main song's FMVs. That one was really so cheesy. I'd preferred the digital looking FMVs better.

I suppose my brother just wanted his son to sound really japanese. Like Kobe Bryant. Kobe Beef. Kobe Island. How About Yoshinoya? does that name sound nice? or lets have a classic. Ai-ko. Isnt that a girl's name? Whatever.

I'd love to name my son "Oak". I hope my brother doesnt get to read this blog. I wouldnt want him to steal a perfectly fabulous name like Oak.

They plan to race it out in the government registry. Whoever gets to fill in the form and submit it to the government first, will have the last say.

Let the race begin!

For now ill just call my nephew "Squigly". I'll whisper it every chance I get when my brother and sis in law is not around. I think Squigly sounds like a promising name.

"Hey Squigly, how about some formula?"




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home