Sunday, October 31, 2004

Pigging Out

Its amazing how much one can eat when left all alone with a stockful of food.

My mom always comes around. She brings an empty luggage, and on the day that she leaves for Philippines, she manages to fill up that same empty luggage, with an additional handcarry bad probably weighing 5kg. What would the contents be? Roast duck, Barbecued pork, produce, salt baked chicken, breads. Most of the times she overbuys them, so she leaves them with us, hoping that we'd eat them by the time she comes back again with an empty luggage.

Ok what my mom does is a dangerous habit, in the light of SARS and chicken flu and mad cow disease and whatever viruses in trend going around these days, but that's another topic altogether.

The thing is, she leaves all these stuff behind cause she can't squeeze them all in the luggage anymore. And here I am, stuck at home... and starting to get the need to have something to chew. I managed to gorge on one whole grapefruit, 2 glasses of milk, a plateful of ho-fan (similar to the chinese white flat noodles, except instead of getting cut to look like noodles, they're left in their state and rolled up to form cylindrical 1cm wide 20 cm long) and a whole piece of sweet fried bread. Afterwards I fell into a deep sleep in the afternoon (how do i know its a deep sleep? because I dreamt!) and woke up at 530pm just in time to prepare dinner.
After inexpertly hacking a whole black chicken left by my mom into decent bite size pieces, I dunked them into a pot of boiling water to make chicken broth. And then I proceeded to drink the soup once its cooked, and immediately fell asleep afterwards...

Definitely pigging out. I hope I dont ruin my exercise this way. Gotta avoid having too much food at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home