Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Its Just a Job

My head is spinning.

Last night I had a great thought. And it was, "Its just a job."

This means that I needn't really get bothered when the CEO keeps on slapping at me that another coworker in a different office is doing the job that i should be doing. Of course, you have to take into account that I'm working on his "baby" production system and any problems that come up from it takes priority first.

We dont want to lose our customers, do we?

Ironically, its the people from the same "other" office that seems to have spawned all these bugs. Not that im saying they do it intentionally, of course, but lets face the facts. No bugs, no problems. no problems, have time. Have time, will do the work that you want me to do.

Priorities, priorities. I'm not getting into fist fights with the other office, but i'm just pointing out that the CEO has everything all messed up. Just because he's the top guy, doesnt mean all adhoc requests that he asks us to do takes top priority. Its not like we're not thinking about his company. For goodness sakes, we're helping him make the money. SHOW ME THE MON(K)EY!

Secondly, I shouldn't be at all worried if my supervisor seems to start picking on my work while my teammate makes similar mistakes that I do. My teammate seems to get off the hook lucky. Oh, and let's not forget the implicit "yes, you can take advance leaves... [blah blah blah] ... but it'll be deducted just in case you leave the company before you actually avail of the annual leave. Yes, [snicker] just in case"

Duh. Talk about a morale booster.

Lets not forget the incessant question asking my teammate does when I work on my own stuff. How to rename a file in unix, how to use zip, how to setup the test system, what to do when so and so fails. What's the database password? Whats the test server password? Its every darn hour. And the worst part of it is, he doesnt jolt them down and asks me the same questions at least 2 more times. How am i supposed to concentrate fully on my work. Hello, would you like me to do your work for you???

I dont like pointing fingers, so I'll just rant here. This is a good outlet. And besides, what are the odds of them looking though this page, anyway.

Darn it. "Its just a job"!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home