Monday, October 25, 2004

Paper Electronic Plane Tickets

I've made reservations for a plane ticket back to my home country. Hmm. considering my background, that's a bit confusing. Ok, "back to the country I was born in", then. Anyways, I just got the ticket from the travel agency.

It doesnt look a bit like a ticket.

I managed to get a e-ticket. All i got was a piece of dot matrix printed document that has my name, departure and arrival time and flight number, and lots of numbers indicating the issuing agent. But its just a piece of paper!

I dont have any complaints with it when I use it for my departure flight from Hongkong, but I can already imagine the faces of the security guards manning the airport departure doors in the Philippines. They're required to check the plane tickets and travel documents of people who enter the airport, as a security measure. Eh, seeing a piece of paper and a girl saying its an electronic ticket would probably sound crazy. "Electronic ticket po? eh papel lang to eh! Wag po ninyo ako lokohin..." [loose translation An electronic ticket? But this is just paper! Please don't think we're stupid...]

Err.

Fingers crossed. X*_*X

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home