Monday, April 03, 2006

Finally, A Non Gym Related Post

I've decided to finally dump the very old sofa bed that's been hanging about my room.

Its been there for quite a number of years already, the ball roller on the underside has already given up and cracked in half 2 years ago.... and I've finally got the last straw when I was forced to "lend" my bunk bed mattress whenever there's a guest around so they can sleep soundly in the sofa bed.. while I "happily" oblige in sleeping with a less than useful freebie mattress that could be classified as slightly better than pure concrete.

Would've been ok if the guests were a one time thing, but its been one guest in the house after another, and my back and feet are being killed in the process.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guests that stay at our place, and the sofa is totally unrelated to the guests what have been living with us... but the sofa is still the same reason that my back has been hurting like hell and I haven't been sleeping soundly for the.. oh... past 2 months.

Updated (2005-05-16) See culprit sofa that's given me sleepless nights:
Old Sofa (Sofa mode) Old Sofa (Bed mode)

I'd probably post a shot of the mentioned culprit sofa before I junk it into the trash collection area in our district. I mean, it did house and bed a lot of friends... so there's a slight sentimental value... some still remaining, anyway... after what my back and my health has been through.

As a replacement, although I would love to get a recliner or a lazy boy, my parents insist that I at least buy another sofa bed so that in case the next time guests arrive at our place, there will still be a place to sleep.

Not a bad idea. But I better be quick and buy a replacement sofa bed soon, or I can hear the same incredulous, crazy ordeal when my eldest brother, sis in law and niece and nephew get here on the 8th of April.

No I don't want to have any sleepless nights anymore.

I'm probably going to replace the current one with Ikea's Lycksele Sofa Bed for two.

Whaddaya think? I'll probably head off to Ikea tomorrow.. otherwise I'd be sleeping like a rock again for the next two weeks. (NOooooOOOoooOOO!!!)

Please, no. *cowering*

2 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

...Or, given the frequency of guests at your apartment these days, you could just get another bed. :)

3:08 PM  
Blogger cstiu said...

unfortunately, we have limited amount of space in our apartment, particularly in my room... I can't afford to get a real bed because getting a real one with take up half the room with no space to manuever... how I wish I have a bigger room, but this is as good as it gets.

I mean, what can you really expect from a 9.5 feet by 7 feet room... it was lucky enough to consider my bed as a bunk bed.. it really did save up a lot of space...

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home