Monday, February 20, 2006

Suzette Says...

She's going to make the Sunday aero class an intermediate-advanced step class once Michelle (the head California Fitness Group X Manager) comes back from her break, and Suzette talks to her about it!

Actually I'm not quite sure if its ok... as I mentioned a few posts ago, there are still a big number of people who can't really follow the choreography during her Sunday class. I'm sure me and Mr. Zhang Yi Mou don't really mind... we DID raise our hands a few weeks ago when Suzette asked us whether we've attended any I-A (Intermediate to Advanced) step classes, and also said yes when asked if we wanted to change the class from the current Intermediate status to an I-A class.

But sometimes there's a reason why I don't want to answer any of Suzette's questions. I've admittedly been hanging about her class for a full half a year already (and that's not including several gym hiatuses in the past) and I'm perfectly acquainted with her style and tempo. For me, its no problem, I just need an additional effort if the tempo has to be pushed up a bit. Although I still have problems catching up at the start (as compared to say, Steve's intermediate class... wherein the steps are actually the same as his advanced level one.. the sly guy.) when the new choreography is introduced, but I pick it up fairly quickly.

On the other hand, a handful of other people doesn't seem so quick to pick up the steps ... admittedly because they've probably been doing this for a shorter time than I have. I would've been in the same shoes if someone suggested that the classes be vamped up to advanced level while I was still three months into Suzette's aerobics classes. I don't want to cramp anyone's style by being overly enthusiastic about a complexity level advancement for the class, and I don't want to reduce the number of participants for Suzette's class. If you were there at the beginning (?) when I first attended Suzette's classes, there weren't that much people last year. At the most maybe around 10-12 people. Compared to now, people actually line up for her class, and its very packed. Probably at least 20, maybe even 25 or 30. Don't know where they heard about Suzette, but I guess I don't have exclusive membership to her classes anymore :) If her income is dependent on the number of participants for each of her classes, then I'm really extremely glad for her :)

Hehe. Well, the first time I've attended and advanced level class was last October for Steve and Michelle's class, and I've been going to these advanced classes ever since.

It'd be swell to up to the stakes to Advanced level though. Suzette's one of those instructors where I can't seem to get the "feel" for her choreography because she changes styles each week. Comparatively, I can almost predict Steve's steps because although he changes the choreography each week, he almost never changes his style. So for Steve, despite the fact that the steps and choreography does change, you still can get the "feel" for his style, and its still as easy to follow accordingly.

On the other hand, although Suzette changes her choreography weekly, she also slightly changes her style from week to week, resulting in a slightly unpredictable set of choreography that you don't necessarily get. Sometimes its concentrating more on a cardio workout, sometimes its a dance or a jazz workout, so the styles are slightly different and more varied.

That makes it better, at least for me. Its a bit more challenging that way. And to think that she'll change the class to I-A would be loads better :)

Durn... I wish Michelle would hurry up and approve that request already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home