Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Small Apologies

My boyfriend has kindly pointed out that the tv network in charge of the recent disaster did in fact do something before the tragedy occured. A day or two before the actual event, the people were asked to sign their names up and then asked to go home and return on the day itself. At least that was a step in trying to alleviate the crowd (and situation) somewhat.

I was wrong in assuming that the television network did not entirely do anything, and for that, I do apologize. I guess the network may not be as unconcerned as I thought, at least, based on what my boyfriend said, they did try to quell the crowd a few days before the actual incident. Additionally, there were also police deployed in the site (at least that's what I understood) even before the day itself.

But still.. regardless, what went wrong then? All news and reports I've read point to mismanagement and no contingency, and personally, I haven't come across any reports on the web that do mention what was done pre-tragedy. I do believe my boyfriend (he doesn't have a reason to lie or make up stories) so I will take what he said as is. It sounds as if the tv network did do their job. How strange...

Are we being fed incomplete information for the media again? It sure seems that way from my end. Regardless, I honestly still think that the tv network has its faults despite what they've attempted to do before Saturday. I'm not as critical anymore as yesterday, but I honestly think there should've been something more that could've been done. I'll probably pick it up as I go along.

Anybody know if there is an available AM radio live feed on the web?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home