Sunday, February 19, 2006

My "Ideal" Wedding

I've been talking about weddings with my girlfriends, and I figured, I might as well write a post about it. Its no secret a lot of girls have a "dream" wedding they'd like to realize when they get married.. and despite that I pride myself not being to "girly", I'm ashamed to say that I have my own version of my dream wedding.

Ah, well, fine. I am not really ashamed about it. Here's a nice description of mine:

I dont mind the church wedding, but I want it to be a fantasy/medieval themed one. Do you think that's ok?

I want a wedding dress much like how Galadriel or Arwen was dressed in Peter Jackson's Lord of The Rings. Without the cloak. And please. No trails, I dont want trails! I don't want the usual wedding dresses. Too bulky and troublesome. I just want it simple design, but with lots of details.

I dont know if its a good idea to dress up my fiancee as Celeborn though. Might not look as good. Dark chinese collared suit then?

The rest of the entourage can dress up as little hobbitesses.

No just joking. Any kind of entourage dress will do. Just as long as they keep a slight blue or orange/cream/brown theme or something. And yes, lots of flowers about.

I want them to play Pachebel Canon when the entourage and I walk down the church aisle.

During the reception, I want a hired quartet playing London Symphony Orchestra's version of Knockin on Heaven's Door and Hey Jude. I want a pair of my friends to host the party, (as opposed to the usual personalities for Filipino-Chinese weddings) to give it a personal touch, and I want my girlfriends to sing a chinese song for me... specifically Faye Wong and Tony Leung's "喜相逢" . That's the only allowed chinese song to be sung in my wedding. Just because I allowed one chinese song, does not mean that I'm allowing people who have thick skins to go up the stage and sing their own interpretation of those olden chinese songs. This is not a Chinese entertainment variety show.

I want Side A's "Only You" to be one of the songs in the montage , and I want mums instead roses for my bouquet and table setting. I love mums, they're very down to earth, basic and simple. That's how I want my wedding to be. Simple and down to earth.

I loved my new sis in law's idea for the table centerpiece... she added fruits about the centerpiece. I thought that was a perfect touch, it made the table seem homey and easy. The point is, I would like the motif to be as earthly and gardeny as possible! (Hmm... I wonder if I can make imitation lembas along with the way?)

Other songs I'd like to be played before the start of the reception... I want a bad ass sound system if I could get my way:

FF8 - Dance of the Balamb Fish
FF8 - Waltz For the Moon
FF9 - Melodies of Life
FF9 - Ending Song
FF10 - To Zanarkand
FF10 - Suteki Da Ne (Symphonic/Instrumental)
First Daughter - The Way You Look Tonight (Instrumental)
Mascagni's Cavalleria Rusticana
Van Morrison's Someone Like You
(and a couple on tons of songs...)

You can tell I've thought about this a lot, havent' you?

Egad, as long as all the songs I like are played and sung, its mums and not roses or lilies, I don't get to drag a heavy wedding dress, I get married and say I do, I dont care how the reception will be!!!! For all I care, we can have tokwa't baboy (fried tofu and pork bits flavored in sweet soy and vinegar sauce) and arroz caldo (gingered chicken congee) for dinner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home