Monday, April 09, 2007

92 hours of sleep

As mentioned, I was sick from Wednesday to ... well to when I came back to Hong Kong and onwards. But Wednesday was the onset of my terrible experience. I had a innocent cough, which I smartly decided to drop by the doctor to get some meds before heading off to China on the same night on Wednesday immediately right after the Oracle training.

Fat chance and help THAT did.

I was dozing in and out of sleep.
I woke up in the morning, and I ate breakfast, and went back to bed.
I woke up at lunch, and I ate some lunch, and went back to bed.
I woke up in the evening, and I gulped down some soup for dinner, and went back to bed.
Repeat cycle for 4 days.

Well, there were a couple of days when I was delirious and freezing my bones off because the wind was quite cold in China, and there were barely any sun. My head was having a splitting headache when I moved by eyes from left to right to up and down, so I was limited to looking straight all the time. Not that I needed to make that much of an effort, since I was always in bed sleeping (and coughing really bad). I got to the point where I was hallucinating snow while I looked out of the courtyard trying to at least enjoy a bit of fresh air during some of my waking lapses.

It was really horrible. I kept on sleeping and sleeping, and the worse part about it was... I would EASILY fall asleep when I hit the bed. You'd think I'd be really wide awake after sleeping a whole day, but NooOOOOOooo... even 4 days doesn't cut it.

First time in my whole life I've slept for so long... I don't know if I should be happy or not.

Of course not... my lungs were practically burning everytime I spurt out a cough when sleeping. It was horrible. I could not wait to get back to Hong Kong where its warm and familiar.... first time I've deliriously thought of Hong Kong as "home"....

"gotta get home soon... really soon... go home.. go home...I'm dying..." *imagine Hong Kong*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home