Thursday, February 23, 2006

Fashion Show Canapes

First time I went to a really upscale fashion show last night.

Lots of nicely dressed people, a lot Caucasians, lots of canapes, booze and alcohol. A party-goer socialites dream, I suppose. Lots of white and red wine, champagne, cocktail drinks and canapes going about. For the non alcoholic people, you could get yourself some soda or orange juice.

I went to the fashion show by invitation through my half Spanish cousin's boss' Hong Kong contact. It seems he is one of the major people for the upscale Swank Shop in Hong Kong, catering to high profile designers from local and abroad. They have a wide range of western designs as well as eastern ones that were displayed in the catwalk. Needless to say, the models were gorgeous, particularly the men, who in one phase, had to display a set of outdoor swim wares that would probably drive women wild with their bare chests and finely sculpted bodies... Yes, there was no lack of six packs on the runway then. I think I could manage to watch them the whole evening, despite the throngs of shoulder to shoulder people hanging about the Zenses bar located in the Central district. (I'm slightly claustrophobic.)

Amazing thing was the logistics that was involved in that kind of show. Since the place was small, and not anyone can see the catwalk, they had makeshift LCD screens to display what was being strutted into the catwalk live. And since it was a live show, there were no time for any sort of brash last minute editing. But they showed the stuff perfectly on the LCD screens. The music backdrop was perfect... no indication of any unpreparedness for the show. How cool.

My cousin and I managed to drink a few glasses of white wine, but I mostly stuck to orange juice since I wasn't really a very good alcohol drinker, particularly polished drinks like white, red wine or champagne. I'm more used to be able to manage hard drinks like vodka in more quantities than stomaching these types. But she did manage to introduce me to champagne+orange juice combination, which I really liked. I think I'm going to try that combination again sometime.

Although I'm not the one to be at home for parties and nightlife, last night was something that I could quite get used to and enjoy, given the time. I didn't have a blast, but it was definitely something worth experiencing. Like my cousin said, we won't be able to enjoy things like this when we get older, so we should try as much to experience them while we're young.

And yes, we're both still considered young. :) Its nice thing to experience, all the same.

Its strange, that canapes and cannabis sound the same though. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home