Friday, January 27, 2006

Real, Concrete Improvement

One of the amazing things about blogging is the fact that you can track back to the past and discover how you were then, and compare how you are now.

I actually found it both funny and interesting, after looking back at the past posts. I also found out something very enlightening: It does really seem that I've gone a long way "cardiovascularly" as compared to a little more than a year ago.

I could never imagine panting about on a beginners level class, AND without raisers. These days, I do the whole routine with the raisers as if it were standard practice - although admittedly, I did start to pant recently again - this is right after I restarted gym after my 2 month hiatus - but I only start to pant at the near end of the class.

Still, its nice to realize that you've come a long way, innit? Back then, I wouldn't have imagined it either, but here I am right now. That recent goal I mentioned a few weeks back doesn't seem to be so impossible to imagine now....

2 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

Odd, though, that your blog ended up helping you track your gym progress. :)

5:58 PM  
Blogger cstiu said...

Yes, its strange, isn't it? But then again, its not so strange, since blogs are actually/could be online journals anyway. My blog seems to have a combination of this, plus a few handful of unrelated essays and movie/tv reviews to begin with.

Either way though, I'm quite glad. :)The gym progresses seemed to have spawned into something akin to your suman latik posts, albeit its for personal usage rather than a theme based weekly posts of varying natures. Ahh.. maybe in the future though.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home