Sunday, January 22, 2006

Shopping Spree (Winter 2005)

I bought lots of stuff!

I looked about and tried on several coats at the Zara Times Square branch.
I also looked about at my area's humble malls for suits, coats, skirts and slacks at G2000, Bossini, a Bossini Outlet store nearby, Michel Rene, Veeko and a couple of others.
I also took a peek at Marathon sports to see if there were any items worth buying.

Why? Its the sale season, and its the perfect time to expand your wardrobe, especially if your wardrobe only consists of casual and semi casual wear that is not particularly appropriate for a more corporate setting, or appropriate for a V.I.P. interview - thus forcing you to wear outfits that are not really very comfortable... or particularly healthy.

Plus the fact that I might end up spending more if I do get a new job and then try to get the clothes to match the company attire. By then the sale season will be finished, and I'd be faced with ridiculously priced suits that I know in the end would probably go on sale 50% less than what its actually being sold during non sale seasons.

No, no, no, definitely not.

So in the end, before the Chinese New Year ends, I resolved to buy the clothes that I need/may need. And I got a pretty good deal too, particularly for the G2000 brands. Strangely enough, the branch near my place was having a huuuge sale, but other branches of the same brand here in Hong Kong weren't. I initially thought that all G2000 branches were having the same sale, but found out after arriving at the Times Square branch yesterday that it wasn't the case; at the most it was having a 20% discount off regular priced items. I suppose its good enough, but comparatively speaking, the branch near my place was going so far as to have almost 70% off on the regularly priced items - HUGE difference. Of course, its probably because the suits being sold were last season's, but who's really going to mind, as long as you look respectable and decent? Besides, trendy looking suits will eventually go out of style after a year, and I wasn't looking for trendy suits - I was looking for more classic cuts.

So in the end, I got a really great deal: 11 pieces of clothing items all at 60% off. I definitely got a good bargain. And finally, I got a really neat Zara classic winter coat for less than half of the original price - one that's unlikely to go out of style for years and years to come. Its a bit pricey compared to the G2000 suits, but well worth it.

Strangely enough, I've never bought this much clothes when I was vacationing in Hong Kong for shopping sprees when I was young. Just goes to show that life really IS strange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home