Wednesday, November 09, 2005

My Unknown Knee Condition

Its been 5 days since my doctor diagnosed me with hyperextended knee. And also 5 days without any form of exercise or stress on my legs, based on doctors orders. They're just basically resting for the past 5 days.

Strange thing about this is, I've been sleeping like a log for the past 5 days. Its like marathon sleeping for me... 2-3 hours of napping immediately after I get home, then 9 hours of sleep after dinner, and I still wake up in the morning feeling groggy. I still sleep as if I'm partially awake due to my knee.

I've noticed a slight bruise in my left leg, and it seems like its the one that's taking the bulk of the soreness at the moment. 5 days of medication and rest, and my legs seems to have switched to a different mode: 3 days ago I can barely stand stable. I had to have some sort of support when standing stationary, and I started to sweat just by doing concentrating on doing this. The next day I avoided standing stationary, but then, for the first time after lunch my left calf muscles suddenly froze up and I felt like it was perpetually frozen, leaving me slightly "dragging" my left foot when walking. Yesterday I was walking normally for 10 minutes, then suddenly felt a slight pinching on my left knee, and got to the point where I had to limp lightly (and also frantically) to get to the bathroom (fearing that I would fall over any second now) and put on my knee support (that did help, by the way). Last night while I was sleeping, and my knees (at least the left one) was sore again.

I can't wait to get back to the doctor soon. I hope my left foot didn't develop into something serious. Strangely enough, before resting my legs, I didn't have any of these problems, just a soreness at the back of my knee, and a weird way of walking "noramlly" with bent knees, but no limping or pinching.

I hope that all these changes are a good sign, instead of a bad one. *sigh* Bad enough I've already missed 5 days of gym... I'm already feeling sedentary...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home