Thursday, October 21, 2004

Just a cold thought, by someone from the tropics

Hooray for another holiday tomorrow!

And yet... here comes another deployment on Sunday.

Holiday Friday + Deployment Sunday = Normal Week (darn!)

For the record, its starting to get cold here. And the one thing i dread most is very cold weather. People around here keep on saying its because I come from a temperate country, but honestly, I don't see the connection to it. I've had friends come from my homecountry, and they dont seem to have problems with winter. In all honestly, most of them even love the cold weather. Most people from temperate countries usually adapt to the cold, I mean, sure, the first few days/week would probably leave you with numb for a while, but most people usually get over it.
I simply don't understand why these people here keep on saying that its because I come from a tropical country. I've lived here in Hong Kong for 4 years already, and they still keep telling me that. Its clearly not the case. Im just more afraid of the cold than others, irregardless of where I came from.

Its funny how preconceived notions rule the way we treat people. Strange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home