Tuesday, October 19, 2004

On Personal Temptations and Necessities

I’ve managed to reduce myself to poverty living in just a span of two weeks.

When some people say its easier to earn than spend money, I’m now certain that they’re middle class or low income people who have dipped so down into their financial capability in a span of moments that it’ll take them months, or even years, to get back on track. I’m in such a situation right now, and it pains me to be reminded that Christmas is coming up soon…

Well, at least I’m not so much in the negative. I’m just way off my budget now. No worries.

Two weeks ago I spent for winter clothes and backed up my daily budget for 10 days. Then last week I managed to use up the same amount to get a gift to a friend, leather bag, a blouse and a boots.

Curse the winter for tempting me to get new clothes. If I weren’t so scared of the cold, I’d probably be doing good up until now. Darn my being a fashion conscious person to get myself a matching bag and boots. Curse myself for being the “It’s a great deal I’ve got to get another item to get that HK$100 discount” person. Now I’m a month off my daily budget.

And I have to prepare going off to my home country for the holidays.

(0) Plane Ticket. That’s going to set me back for another half a month… Plus
(1) Christmas gifts to godchildren,
(2) niece,
(3) nephews,
(4) wedding gifts,
(5) baby shower gifts to my brother and my friend’s sister in law.

OMG… Ugh. Now I won’t be able to save anything until the start of next year.

….

Darn. I forgot the 4-year gym membership renewal I had just a week ago.

(Rationalizing) Well, at least I got a wicked, brown leather knee length boots. Sweet.

Now I’m reduced to office lunchboxes, tune fish bread and trams to get by. No more shopping side trips for me. I’m going to lock myself up in my room for the next few weekends and an occasional trip to the library. It’s about time to get that guitar learning session I was planning like 2-3 months ago. Well, at least if I ever pull it off, I’m going to start eating less. Working out more. I better end up spanking sexy after this.

Ok this is enough. Stop. I’m not going to think about this anymore. Stop. I feel like the end of the world. Stop. Stop. Stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home