Sunday, May 20, 2007

Wrong Soundtrack. REALLY WRONG.

There is something seriously wrong with Bibi's soundtrack for Step today.

I was really getting distracted. I can't decide whether I should be happy at hearing a Final Fantasy battle/preliminary scary big boss area/Omega Weapon-type theme being played while I try to do a box-step-and-step-back-box-step-walk-shuffle-switch-back-mambo. You know how those soundtracks are composed : ominous, low toning, slow, lots of low bass (no, not drums). Here I am trying to do a knee skate or a switch, and my mind keeps on switching instead to confrontation with Omega Weapon and the how the heck I am supposed to line up my game characters and setup their auto-spell, weapons and armor before the boss starts giving out a 999999 damage attack to all my in-play characters, and with a whole slew of status attacks like confuse, poison, sleep and/or blind. Stop! I don't need to do a reverse-straddle, I need to get to a savepoint first!

Its really not right.

And then it also didn't help that it was mixed in together with that hobbit theme soundtrack being used as background during Bilbo's birthday/Hobbit opening scenes in the LOTR movies. I mean, I kept seeing Gandalf and nice hobbitses doing a nice jolly jig/square dance and drinking ale or beer in a really old, comfy tavern somewhere near Bag-End. And green rolling hills. And starry skies. While doing a gallop-around-the-world-4-march-double-knee-single-curl-spin? Even if the tempo's sped up.... its still not registering in my head.

I mean, really. Can you imagine doing a cha-cha-twist-turn-over-the-stop-hammer-spin with that kind of acoustics?

Its like trying to do twist and ballroom dancing with ultra headbanger music.

I hope she doesn't use THAT soundtrack again. There really is something fundamentally wrong with it. I keep seeing Cloud, Aeris, Squall, Tidus, Cid, Omega Weapon and nice little hobbitteses instead of thinking of doing steps,...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home