Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My Taxpayer Money's Worth

I left the office at 2am. It was just me and the great big, four-lane-per-direction road (That's 8, for those of you who can't count). I walked across a non-pedestrian section, reasoning logically that, should I decide to be a dutiful citizen and cross the unreasonably wide road legally, it will take me an additional 10 minutes to do so.

No, that definitely wouldn't do.

I crossed, and slightly lingered at the middle. Of the road.

I looked around. It was just me. No cars. No people.

So, to my surprise (not really) and inherent inaneness, I started to hum loudly. I muttered to myself, raised my hands to gesticulate my depressing situation, and condescended in the way I had to be up at an ungodly hour of the night/day. Furthermore, being a firm believer to grab the opportunity when it presents itself, I also took a cheap shot at few personally composed tunes - tunes with words that tried to force themselves to rhyme and with a tune that would probably not pass any non-tone deaf living thing's standard, or or even those with a drunken disposition.

It also emboldened me to know that I may possibly have an endearing audience - ones which would likely show appreciation to a kind, pretty lady like me, singing out with conviction, by hollering me to shut up and at the same time, throw unwanted household articles from at least 7 storeys high. At least, they wouldn't have a good shot at me. Plus, they'd have to get their windows opened first, and make sure their unwanted articles are really unwanted ones, and additionally, would have to concentrate on waking up. That was a very long process for my dear audiences, I reasoned. It would probably take at least 30 seconds, of which I can be out of projectile range by then. I therefore convincingly concluded to myself that Life was on my side.

So, loudly, and with gusto:

"
What the heck and I doing here, its 2:00 in the morning,
I should be in bed, but I'm not.
I'm so dizzy, oh so dizzy from sleep,...

OH! Its just meee.... Ohhhh.. meeee!
I could piss here in the middle of the road,
and no one would seeeEEEeeee!!!
"

I finally gave up on the "I-am-the-only-one-in-the-world-right-now" approach and finally decided to take a taxi that conveniently passed by.

... and was surprised to find a police checkpoint a little off where I lighted the taxi. They're generally, basically checking up on all the cars running around and making sure the people inside are not of a suspicious or problematic-policing nature.

But, I am just glad I didn't get caught going on an uproar while walking in the middle of the road at 2am in the morning.

Good experience. Now, time to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home