Saturday, May 19, 2007

Enjoying the Routine Change

Having passed up the usual Saturday gym class, I decided to spend my afternoon by spending quality time with myself.

Starved? Of course.
Book? Terry Prachett's Feet of Clay.
Bored? I haven't seen Spiderman 3 yet.
Shopping? Generally no, but I've recently found out I'm running low on office/casual shoes

I was thinking of watching the movie first, but decided against it since Heather told me about this really nice warehouse sale selling really good branded shoes at a very cheap price. Cheap? and shoes? no way I can pass THAT up.

So, first things first, I passed by a warehouse sale on top of Times Square with Heather. Lots of shoes, at "low" prices. Probably have at least 50% cut off from the original price, but of course, these are branded shoes, which would mean the original price of 3500HKD shoe, slashed down to 1000HKD. Still not cheap, but still ok.

Unfortunately, didn't see anything that suited my tastes.

Raining really bad, and with no umbrella, and my stomach starting to show pangs of rebellion, my next stop was to decide to sit somewhere to eat, and let the afternoon pass by quietly. I was thinking more on the lines of tea time, with probably a nice, delicate cake and iced coffee. No way would I want to be caught in Krispy Kreme (its one of my usual stops) or Starbucks (I'm sick of this already. Starbucks = work) , or anywhere where there are throngs of people. I want my privacy, and I know a lot of you know I value it a lot. Not really a loner by heart, but I do love to enjoy and relax by myself without the chattering or gossiping or talking on more than just a few occasions.

I thought of that nice tea place at G.O.D in front of Lee Theater, but found out that I am so out of the CWB scene. Its already been replaced with a Chinese restaurant, and frankly, I don't feel like chinese. Its full of oil and soy sauce. Doesn't really sound relaxing or tasty to me.

Finally decided to head off to UCC, and it was, I must say, a smart choice. Nice ambiance, with people who are also looking for a place to pass time away without causing much of a ruckus. They're just seated there, drinking coffee, eating cakes and snacks, and definitely spending a LOT of time talking. I got a really nice quiet corner with cushioned seats and got a seafood tomato sauce based risotto, and finally to end the meal with a tiramisu cake and hot coffee. The risotto was a very good choice, in fact. I should've taken some pictures before I gobbled it down, but anyway, I haven't eaten lunch by then. And so, by the time I paid my bill, my stomach was very much satisfied , and I'm feeling much more relaxed compared to a few hours ago.

Was supposed to eat dinner with my family, but they decided to eat out. So I took a quick detour and decided to spend more of the day by myself... I bought a ticket to the Spiderman 3 movie, and finally get to watch it too. If you're asking my about my opinion of the movie.. well.. I mean, it was ok....

Oh, and I also made a detour to HMV, where I got a copy of a few of my favorite movies being sold at a very cheap price (lets just say they were under 50HKD).

Eventually got home, and was very much happy. ^_^ I think I should this more regularly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home