Monday, July 10, 2006

Gym Progress 46

Due to unrelenting stress, I resolved to go to the gym this weekend - despite the fact that I was holding the work support mobile. ( that means anyone in the office can call me in case they need db assistance URGENTLY - but "urgent" is always a relative thing.)

So I was going around with two phones to the gym, positioning it in such a way that if it rings, I'll immediate see it even if I as doing a three-point-turn-two-point-mambo-switch-turn-double-hammer-spin. ^_^

I was slightly disappointed though, because both Calvin and Steve's class is very... slow. It was pretty funny about Steve's class because everytime I look around Wilson can tell I was bored... I dont know why.... I mean, really... I mean, I was just trying to variate each and every little step that Steve was teaching, and would sometimes leave myself standing around trying to absorb the new steps ... I mean, no harm in standing and looking right? I WAS sweaty and I WAS tired.

But still gave me quite a laugh though.

Anyway, Suzette made a repeat of last week's horrible block two (it was the same block where I totally went kaput over the partner step) and it was ok this time around - probably because we were all facing the same direction *wink wink* It was good fun.

There were some post workout workout right after.... relating to running from Central California Fitness branch to IFC in 5 minutes. Maybe some other time I'll tell you about it.

Anyways, I was planning to attend Lok's class at 14:30 today, but didn't make it because by that time I was still eating lunch. I did manage to ferry over to TST and got 2 new gym shirts for sale from 250 to 179 to 170. That was quite good. Reebok. I've always liked Reebok cardio wear... they stable and snug, quite unlike my Puma branded shirts. Wanted to try Adidas, but maybe for next time la. All I know is that Nike cardio is definitely "stable" and I'd probably say possibly comfortable to use. But that's quite pending until I get my own Nike cardio wear. I didn't see anything interesting from Nike though, so no go.

At least I attended the class at 16:50 for Bibi's Intermediate Hi Lo (No way and I going to get caught in advanced class after seeing Bibi teach intro step moves (subbing for Steve before) Need to get her style first. And then see what is up with the Advanced Step Moves class that Wilson was talking about. Anyway, the results weren't really what I'd call fruitful, as I've probably remembered only partial of the moves... but at least I got a lot of things out of it today:

1. Aerobics isn't as easy as I thought it'd be... the moves can be a bit complicated since you don't have a step in front of you to act as a reference point.
2. "Guy with his own little world" - finally - I can stop referring to him as that. His name is Andrew.
3. Oh have another person.. girl.... not the buffed up one.. the one who somewhat reminds me of.... hmm. You know what, I can't remember. There's three of them: Patsy, buffed up one (she's got muscled arms! beat that), and the other one that I previously stepped on during one of Michelle's classes and always wearing an almost as if basketball getup. I wouldn't be surprised if she played - she's pretty tall. Well, my point is, the last girl I was just referring to, she was about. She was doing pretty well for aerobics ^_^
4. Bibi's nice. Got to talk to her after class just to confirm that the class IS intermediate :)
5. There are a whole set of other people who are pretty good with aerobics but don't show up for step. These guys look like an interesting bunch .. most of them look like real genuine hong kongers (not that there is such a thing as genuine hongkongers. But these people don't looked buffed up for some strange reason. More look like dancers than anything else actually. It was pretty cool. Its like a preview for my up coming classes for this coming Friday.
6. I can still make an ass and a nuisance of myself :)

Maybe I will try Lok next Sunday. CB branch will be closed for renovations this coming Friday - darn, and to think I was planning of attending the Yoga class next week. Oh well, can't have them all, I suppose...

Thu (ISM): Steve
Sat (ISM, ISM): Calvin, Steve
Sun (SM, IHL): Suzette, Bibi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home