Monday, June 26, 2006

Deserving

Who out there can say what we deserve?

My birthday is coming up soon. No, that's not a reminder to all those people who have conveniently forgotten my birthday every year. If you've at least read through my posts for the past couple of years, you might want to recall this post. Its really not necessary if you just called me up just because you feel guilty not greeting me. I'd want people to call because they mean it. If you don't, I dont really take it against you. I mean, I'd be lucky if I remember my own birthday, actually.

To get back to the topic on hand, I'd like to point a thing that happened this week:

A. There's this cute guy in the gym that I like. Wicked good at steps.
B. He's really interesting to the point of curiosity.
C. Owing to my pseudo-socio-psychology interest in people, I'm also extremely interested in learning more about him. (aside from the fact that I think he's really cute)
D. People, please remember I DO have a boyfriend. This whole thing is known by my bf, there's no point in "warning" him.
E. Now, going back to topic on hand, cute guy is in Suzette's class. (Its a fact that he's cute for me, so I can very well keep on calling me "cute guy", ok. No, you're not allowed to comment on my choice of words.)
F. At the end of this week's class, Suzette announces that next week is a PARTNER step class.
G. For those who are not in the know, a PARTNER class would involve having a partner. DUH.
H. I dont have a partner.
I. I'm sure HE doesn't have a partner (trust me, he isn't the type to socialize)
J. "Next week" is exactly my birthday.
K. I return my step.
L. He returns his step.
M. He stops near me when returning his step.
N. I blatantly pretend to ignore him and look somewhere else.
O. I'm quite sure he wanted to ask me something. (wow, guess what he'd be asking. DUH.)
P. He leaves.
Q. I leave.
R. Another girl approaches me and asks if we can be partners next week.
S. DRAT.

Is it so bad to hope that maybe I could get a nice birthday present by actually being his partner instead of someone else next week? It IS my birthday.

And my boyfriend blatantly points out, so what IF its your birthday? That doesnt necessarily mean that people would give in to your wishes.

  • For starters, they don't even know its your birthday next week.
  • Secondly, why would they care what you want?
  • Thirdly, its not as if your "wishes" are placed in a display card on your forehead for everyone to see.

Ok, lets just pretend that my boyfriend isn't jealous *wink*

You want your birthday to be special. Heck, lets just say, you want a day to be special. It doesnt have to be your birthday. It can be Christmas. It can be your 1 year anniversary. It could be you mom's birthday. Heck, it could be anyday. The point is, you want some particular day to be special.

What do you intend to do about it? How can you say that you deserve that special day?

In fact, I learned very quickly from this experience that deserving is a pretty simple thing:


To deserve, you have to work on it. And working on it, means acting on something.


Any day can be a special day. If you want it to be. If you act on it. If you put your mind on it.

Nevermind if things dont exactly go your way all the time. Typhoons happen, earthquakes strike, foundations crumble, people lie to one another, the dog will suddenly steal your sausages or something like that. But despite all that, its certainly worth it to know that you've tried, you've done something, doesn't it? Even if things don't your way, you know at some point, you're still deserving because you've acted on it, doesn't it?

I suppose I don't deserve to be partners with that cute guy I was talking about. But that's just today :) Maybe something might come up next week... and then maybe I can make sure I deserve to be partners with him then. We would definitely be a wicked awesome combination.. he's pretty good at steps ... almost as good as me, I think.

I'm pretty good with aerobics steps you know. Now I'm sure THAT'S something I'm deserving off *wink wink* I even have weekly gym progress posts to prove it :P

Now, how about making tomorrow a day that you definitely deserve?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home