Sunday, June 25, 2006

Shaukeiwan Fish Wholesale Market

Fishie Market... loads of fish, sold at wholesale prices. Seems like this place is where parts of the Hong Kong wet market congregate to buy their supplies and sell it to the rest of the retail market.

And my mom and grandmother insist on coming here early in the mornings to get cheap seafood stock (its really cheap, trust me) Supposedly all the little fishies you buy normally DEAD at those wet markets are still alive when they're sold here early in the wee hours of the morning. Crabs, fishies, groupas, prawns... even odd fishes with strange appearances, and this morning, I envisaged a left over part of some poor baby shark.

It was a nice morning too.. Our "team", consisting of me, my brother and my mother, came there purposely late to catch the sellers trying to get rid of their daily wares (and hopefully desperate enough to sell at cheap, rock bottom prices) Here are some pics from this morning:

Shau Kei Wan Fish Wholesale Market (Late) Shau Kei Wan Fish Wholesale Market (Late)


Shau Kei Wan Fish Wholesale Market (Late) Shau Kei Wan Fish Wholesale Market (Late)


Shau Kei Wan Fish Wholesale Market (Late)


Cheap! And the place is nice too. I like places where I can actually see clouds, as you may have all noticed. I think the phenomenon has something to do with living in Hong Kong.

How to get there? MTR to Shaukeiwan and go to Exit D and follow the scent(stench) of fishies :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home