Friday, May 05, 2006

It is a Good, Satisfying Day

Things seem to be going my way for some strange reason.

Most of the time I spend my day doing things, and at the end of the day, I sit back, think and realized my day didn't really have anything interesting to remember by. I was able to get things done, but they were quite mudane. Nothing really that would make it interesting or enlightening or satisfying for me.

But today was quite different. It wasn't a special day, but it has been sometime since anything qualified for a fulfilling and productive day.

0600-0930: Spend time at home... with dad, play with nephew, buy bread for breakfast, grabbed a newspaper
0930-1000: Take the bus ride to the gym. It looked like one of the gym regulars was in the same bus, but I'm not quite sure at the moment.
1000-1010: Well, it seems like it IS one of the regulars. I had a nice quick chat with her. She seems like she lives in Norpth Point.. she looked about late 30's to 40's with a mom-ish look who cooks about the house and takes care of the children. But she was carrying a big Gucci bag, and she goes to the gym anytime, even mornings and afternoons. What say you.
1010-1040: Just went to the bicycle machine to read the newpaper and do some light exercise. My, its been sometime since I read the newspaper. The bicycle was nice too.. it had an option whether you wanted the fan to blow on your face. Even has low and high settings for the fan. Perfect for newspaper reading while leisurely cycling.
1040-1100: A never ending grumbling on how inconsiderate and unfair people are. Some people forced and squeezed in their steps behind me. I ended up with a step that had, at most, a 2 feet radius. Ugh.
1100-1200: Michelle's Step Moves class. See gym progress comment this week.
1200-1230: Showers. yes, of course, I shower you know. I don't want to be stinky walking about the whole of Hong Kong.
1230-1320: My brother called.. it seemed that they would like to eat out. Somewhere in Causeway bay. Too bad that I already stepped up the No 18 bus which doesn't really pass anywhere near the resto that my brother was suggesting. GAH!
1320-1325: What ensured is a strange conversation with my mom wherein I was speaking in straight cantonese. Well, at least fairly straight. What precisely was strange was the fact that it came out naturally. How quaint.
1325-1500: Goodness, what a smorgasboard. It wasn't exactly quality buffet (it was only 58HKD per person... quite cheap by HK standards) but it was a korean BBQ and it had everything. It even had the drinks with eat all you can to boot. If you just want to get filled up, this is the place to go. I thought this was as cheap as it gets, but it turns out, for their afternoon tea, they have a lesser selection for the price of 28. *jaw drops*
1500-1530: Passd by Tom Lee to get my cousin yet again ANOTHER ticket (this is the third time I've gone to the same ticketing outlet to get seats...) I was already grumbling. How wouldn't? at least you would've wanted people to make up their minds.. lining up is always not good, when you can do something else. And there's the travelling expense to get to the ticketing outlet too... On the brightside, I was thankful, because if I didnt concede in getting her the third ticket, I wouldn't have seen the HK Academy of Performing Arts Short Summer Course Offering booklet. Good things do come and pop out from mudane things.
1530-1615: Passed by a friend's lighting shop. I just wanted to chat :)
1615-1630: Trip home
1630-night: Just took some rest, lie around.. very nice woooh.

I mean, do the thing I want, spend the day with family, and also with friends, and still have enough time for personal space when I get home? Today was an awesome day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home