Tuesday, January 17, 2006

WOW! (Gloating)

This may seem a little wimpy, but...

My blog got noticed by one of the more prominent Oracle personalities!

I haven't seen surfing lately due to my busy schedule, and just this morning I surfed about at my regular Oracle blogs again to find out that my blog was referred by Lisa Dobson's site, Oracle Newbies Blog.

Even more surprising, she mentioned that my site was referred to her by Tom Kyte! (the person behind Oracle's askTom)

It's like getting noticed by your all time favorite actor, but even better. Coincidentally, I found this strange since I just posted an entry regarding my reaction with actors/actresses and their fans... but I suppose this is an entirely different thing since Tom Kyte's popularity level is based on expertise rather than looks. I mean, you can improve/earn your technical expertise, but you can't improve your looks, which is, in fact, inborn for each person? (Unless you include phyiscal surgical operations, but then again, that's not your hard work, innit?)

In any case, I'm a bit surprised Tom found out about my site. I wasn't exactly advertising it, I just left a comment or two at his blog just to engage in the post conversations and show my appreciation for his big help with the Oracle community. Since he usually have tons of commenters, I didn't exactly expect him to be following around hundreds of blog links. Which is why I'm still very surprised.

Ah well, I'm in a ecstatic mode at the moment, so let me just gloat about and show you proof: Here's the link where my post was linked, and it links to here in my Oracle blog.

How wonderful. I'm going to gloat about for a bit more then. Excuse me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home