Monday, January 16, 2006

Sick Again and On Medication

Whatever happened to "exercise will raise your immunity level against viruses" ?

I've been through two bouts of colds in a span of a month. I got my recent one just last Saturday, but it didn't really act up until last Sunday when I was battling against runny nose and a constricted, phlegm filled cough. Today I had an extreme experience of having a blocked ear, a terrible headache, slight runny nose and a very light-headed disposition - it feels like my whole brain/gray matter has been replaced with snot, phlegm and that disgusting dry/sticky matter that forms between your eyes when you wake up early in the morning.

I thought one of the advantages of exercising was working out your body so that you actually become healthier?

How frustrating.

Its not going to stop me from doing trips to the gym, though. Fat chance of that happening.

My doctor gave me a couple of antihistamines to quell the problem, and I'm happy to say that the medication worked pretty well, especially the "drowsy" effect at night. I just got them a couple of minutes ago, I feel so relaxed at the moment, I just want to get some good night's sleep.

I never had drowsy medication before, so this is definitely a first. So strange, feeling so relaxed.. never happened to me before when I was sick. I can foresee a good night's sleep in just about...

... just about...
... just... about....

ZZzzzzZZZz...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home