Saturday, January 14, 2006

In With The New, Out With The Old

This may be a bit overdue, but as they always say, its better late than never.

I finally got the chance to get new shoes in place . Its about time too, since I figured its better to get a more stable shoe rather than continue on using the current one, which is fine, but seem very inappropriate for step aerobics. What did my friend say? no lateral support.

So this afternoon, before my Causeway bay gym session, I passed by Times Square to check out the sports shoes... I did pass by a couple, like Nike, Puma, but in the end I still settled on New Balance, for some strange reason.

But first.

As a respectful send off for my old shoe, lets give a chance to see it one last (first) time:



"You have accompanied me for the past few months when I started going back to the gym... all whole 21 continuous weeks of toil and sweat, and 10 pounds of lost fat. Your help has always been appreciated, and will always still be. Not to worry, you will not be forgotten, ... if any further chance of running arises, I will always remember... but for now, I think it its time to think about my own health and stability, and I hope you will understand, and forgive me for retiring you... I'm sure you understand, in the end, you're still... Running shoes. You've been the best I've had..."

Eulogy finished, let's all have a moment of silence.

....
....
....

Ok. That should be enough. :)

So here it is, the new shoe, all 520HKD (on sale) of it, in all its glory:


Check out those nice shoe strings included with the new shoes... pretty interesting design:


Check out the laterals!!! This is why I considered buying a new pair of sports shoes in the first place! Nice, thick and looks very stable, but still doesn't come out looking cheap:


Check out those nice soles, and that funny seal that says "high stability":



Hahaha, I seem so excited huh?

Capital! Eeeekkk! I used it for today's aerobics class!

How did it do? Well actually it was pretty good except for the fact that I was wearing some really stupid socks that won't hold on to my feet, and kept slipping out. I ended up with a blister at the top of my ankle.

Ah, but that's the sock's fault, not the shoe. The shoe was fine, nice, and ok :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home