Sunday, January 01, 2006

Prepare the Coming New Year With...

We're all accustomed to new year's resolutions. Well, considering that I want to start the new year with a fresh outlook, I resolved to fix a few things before the new year comes in :

1. Wake up early
2. Clean up my room
3. Go to the gym
4. Settle my income tax outstanding balance
5. Settle unpaid bills to friends
6. Sleep early

Well, owing to the start of the day and continuing for the end of the day, I've been able to resolve these things, and a few more:

1a. Go to the market and get fresh fruits and vegetables for the family's daily (fresh) consumption
2a. Throw out all the piling papers in my room, namely
  • tons of useless bank, credit cards and beauty letters and ads
  • magazines that have been left aside in my to-be-read pile that before seemed interesting, but still didn't have any time to read them even up until now
  • all the credit card receipts since... err... 2001
  • did I already mention the tons of useless bank, credit cards and beauty ads that are piled up on my table?
2b. Found out about that left over knitting yarn that I've bought 2 years ago with an unfinished end of a scarf. Its about time I finished that part of my life up and make something useful out of it... Its been lying around for two years already, for goodness sakes.
2c. Disgusting.. found the dried pork ligament that my mom asked me to bring over to Hong Kong to pass to my grandmother. But since I've forgotten about it, viewing it on close up reveals a couple of small looking.. things crawling all over it. Just a bit of them, but still disgusting nevertheless. It seems like I've been brewing up a nest of of little disgusting things within the plastic package without me ever knowing about it. What's worse, my mom asked to me wash them all over (since they're dried) to get rid of them, air dry and give it to my grandmother. I suppose it makes sense.. that's what drying is for, anyway, those ligaments are preserved, and its going to be pretty hard for anyone, or anything for that matter, to chew their way into it. That's supposedly what preserving and drying and dehydrating things are for. But they're still disgusting, nevertheless. I'd love to get a pic of them, but I figured, they're too small to be seen by the camera, and I'd probably like to save myself the trauma of looking and reminding myself of them.
2d. Cleaned out my room.. and I can walk barefoot on the floor without worrying about dirtying my feet. That's 5 rounds of floor cleaning for you!
2e. Washed the bed, pillow and blanket covers. Changed them with new, clean, fresh smelling ones!
3a. Since I figured I'd be going to the gym, I might as well go extra early this time and get an upper body workout that my physiotherapist suggested (instead of working on my lower body and legs)
4a. Well, did the income tax payment one, nicely.
5a. Did the payment settling stuff at the last minute, but still way well before the New Year mark.
6. Yes, of course, sleep early!

Well, that over with, I can sleep easy, breathe better, less paranoia of dirt, dust and mites running all over my room. Plus I don't have to worry about snacks (that's what the fruits are for!), any outstanding bill payments (no more messy, fancy or complicated calculations to figure out my current financial standing) and I feel good going to the gym. Niiice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home