Thursday, December 29, 2005

An Ode to Good Friends (A.K.A I'm Such a Klutz!)

What's with me today, I'm such a klutz!

First time in a long while, I'm suddenly hyperactive today. Usually I just pine away, like a sloth, slowly doing this, slowly doing that, but today is strangely different. I had a arranged dinner with friends, and prior to that, I had voice lessons to contend with. The voice lesson went along fine, and its been steadily improving for the past few sessions, once my voice teacher introduced the "shouting" technique to clear and prep up my diaphragm for actual singing. I've been singing more consistently nowadays, and my voice brighter than how its been for the past few months of voice lessons.

The lessons aside, I had to quickly commute from Prince Edward to Causeway Bay to catch up on a Holiday dinner with my friends at a Chinese restaurant in Causeway Bay - we ordered a table of traditional set chinese meal, so the food will definitely be a lot. They were supposed to start at 8pm, but the food came in late so I was able to play catch up for the rest of the meal. Lots of people there, like Mark, my high school friend, who was equally as sick as I was a few days ago and opted to order a separate dish to agree with his condition, Len and her brother David, whom I haven't seen for quite some time since this year's Pua Tiong Chiu (to know further about this, see my previous year's article on the event, which I was selected to organize), Janet and her brother Henry, plus Mei, Cab, Ping, Bryan, and a Hong Kong visitor, Jenner, who was my classmate since.. well, since I was in grade school. It certainly has been a long time.

Maybe it was the excitement of seeing all of them again, plus the holiday season, plus the good food, plus a gazillion of other factors. I was extremely hyperactive, talking to everyone this and that, and errr... also after the dinner, at Starbucks, knocking over my calamansi juice (yes, surprisingly, Starbucks Hong Kong has an offering of Calamansi Juice! would you look at THAT!) and spraying it over everyone, including Jenner, David and horrendously, at Cab, who was not going back to her place tonight and didn't have any extra clothes for the next day. And then it seemed everyone else followed suit, since Ping accidentally knocked over an empty cup, and additionally, mei (if my memory serves me right, its her) also knocking over something... and all towards the general direction of Cab. Poor her.

Despite that, the night was really great, and I loved everyone's company and seeing them all again. Whatever I've previously thought about Hong Kong Christmas, and its lack of Christmas spirit-thereof, compared to having Christmas over at the Philippines, at least I know that whenever I'm missing that spark of Christmas spirit during the Hong Kong holidays, I can always recreate the Christmas spirit with my close friends. They're one of the best part of my life here in Hong Kong, and everyone is lucky to have friends like these. :)

Klutz or not, its nice to spend being yourself with good friends. Happy Holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home