Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A Bit on the Voice Lessons

I have now been officially awake for more than 40 hours... I came to the voice school early, and promptly doozed off waiting for my scheduled time to come.

I had a new piece today to work on. Previously it was Favorite Things from the Sound of Music musical and I think THAT was ok. For this new piece, I'm sure most of you know it, the piece is also from the Sound of Music, called the GoatHerder. That's the song where the singers burst into a lot of Le-iee-O-de-Le-ieee-O-de-Le-Hiiiii-WHOOoo! :) I'm not quite sure if I could stomach something so high - of course, "high" is a relative word - but it does hit on a very high G at the end - something that I am now not accustomed with. It might've been easy for me before, but not so much now.

So there I was, singing on the top of my diaphragm (its not really the lungs, you know), but I was actually surprised it turned out quite well. Not the High G part though, but there are a lot of high octave notes within the score that might've scared me a few months ago, which at the current moment, I was promptly belting out from my insides. Things are been steadily progressing for the past 2 months for me, and I'm ecstatic to get that gut feel of singing again. Maybe the 40 Hour, no sleep since yesterday helped a bit, since I wasn't a bit conscious with singing as I would normally be when I'm wide awake. I just go ahead and "THROW" my voice.

No, I don't scream out.. I still do it properly, you know.

In any case, it was a nice session.. Maybe I should always stay awake with no sleep prior to my voice lessons....

.... NOT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home