Saturday, October 09, 2004

Budget All Messed Up

Ok here's the thing. I've just managed to make my savings go on the positive side last Friday. Of course, Its not really "savings" per se. Actually, labelling it as a "saving" isnt right. Hmm. I think im causing some confusion. Let me explain.

I set aside a certain amount money for myself daily. A daily budget. Now sometimes I dont really use up the whole amount, and I "save" what's left over. That's the "savings" I'm referring to right now. Using that term might cause some confusion, so I'll just say "within budget". That's more appropriate to describe it.

Now I've managed to make my savings within budget. It was way off the budget cause I got myself a concert ticket to see 周杰倫 this coming Nov 11-14. I like him, he's cute, he's smart, he sings ok, and but the best thing is that he composes his own songs. Beats the hell out of cantopop, which is mostly about smart marketing and usually no talent.

Ok back to the budget. I managed to keep within budget. At least as of last Friday.

Then, uhm, I got myself pulled into meeting up with a friend. She saw a shop that was having a renovation sale; 1 item for 150, 2 items for 250, 3 items for 300. I figured it sounds like a good deal, and agreed to come along. At least together, we'd have greater chances to dropping the per item price.

I ended up buying a trenchcoat, a dress, a skirt, a blouse for 1000. My excuse? I haven't been getting any new clothes since last winter, and winter is coming up. I hate cold. A trench coat will do nicely...... But, darn... now I'm off my budget by a lot again. Just when I thought things were picking up and start saving for my trip this coming December.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home