Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Taking a Break... (1)

After that horrendous experience last weekend (over 60 SMS messages in a span of two days on several issues and a total equivalent of over 15 hours of unscheduled weekend work) , I'm glad to have been able to get a break today to kill off all that accumulated work related stress that's been piling up for months and months. Ten in the morning, and I'm already lounging at the local library writing up this post and just being laid back about it all.

In fact, the break started out pretty much last night when I finished off a couple of minor things at the office and left for a well deserved perk - gym, of course. You should've guessed it by now. Its the only consistent thing that's regularly plastered in this blog. Not that I'm particularly euphoric about the class I'm about to take, but I did have a straight 36 hour waking time over the weekend, coupled with a first time training first thing Saturday morning for my upcoming marathon event (this Sunday) which likely caused internal bleeding on both left and right shins - yes, that's my imagination talking - and completed 2 gym classes. And then the nightmare began. But then, that's not the point of this post. The point is about having the lack of sleep, thus having me pick out this particular earlier Monday gym class, over another that starts at 20:40 .... Its quite too late for me... I'm afraid I will fall over my face if I attempted that, despite the fact that I liked the latter class' instructor far more than the one I was going to attend now.

The class was ok, but I had a nice talk with Hiro afterwards and on the way back to home. That's pretty much the extent of my social interaction for today. Better than being the loner hermit that doesn't have any human contact.

Of which afterwards, coming back from the gym, I gobbled on some quick dinner... and started watching Prison Break. Until 3am. While downing down several packets of Nestle Crunch and black glutinous rice sweet dessert soup.

So much for that little trivia earlier with Hiro mentioning 10pm to 2am being the optimal time for resting and sleeping. He said man can live by sleeping at this 4 hour window with optimal rest. And hopefully also getting rid of the acne that sporadically pops everywhere on my face these days.

After that, I started today with some bread, a quick passby the office to check on any urgent issues, and a long lounge at the Kosmo smoothie bar at LKF while reading up on Men's Fitness and Vogue, and just taking my sweet time - while drinking that ultra-constant favorite, a Popular (that's equivalent to Large size) Rush consisting of pineapple, yogurt and banana.

Eventually 10am brought me up to pass by the office to grab a much anticipated subsidized bite - condensed milk, honey and peanut butter on whole wheat toast. As you can see, I've been constantly eating since last night. The wonders of going to the gym for an average of 10 times a week. I barely have to think about what I eat. How cool. But I do admit I am starting to grow a paunch... gym is ok, but I haven't been lifting weights at all. Its weights that keep my weight down, not the aerobics classes, actually.

So.. library now. After this post, hoping to hit the books and magazines. And hopefully I can start reviewing that "life objective" that I've been leaving out and neglecting for so long - something that I've learned to do after reading Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. It's really quite useful actually. It needs some mass updating after 6 months of neglect, which I figured, is actually a good thing. That means that I've changed much since my last evaluation to admit that my life's objectives need some realigning and revamping.

After this, I'm going to the gym to get back what I missed last Sunday ... a really deserved spinning session. And maybe watch Borat and Going Home at the cinema across the gym branch. I have a pretty good feeling that is going to be a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home