Sunday, January 28, 2007

Stanley's OK

I like Stanley. He's got nice moves. He has a huge cheery smile.

He's a nice guy.

I just wish he would just stop teaching last Saturday. He started off the class explaining he was having some problems with his lower chest so in case we see him grimacing or just standing or hunched a bit while teaching.. its not our fault or anything. He's just trying to cope.

At the middle of the lesson... he started doing exactly that, and I wanted to shout out to him and the whole class, " Will you please stop the class already I can't help but see you in obvious pain while you do your job and teach the class, and its really distracting me, and making me feel terrible".


Doesn't help that the rest of the class can't seem to follow his choreography. Here is a guy trying to vainly do his job, in obvious pain, looked as if he was hyperventilating, losing his concentration (he missed a couple of choreography orders when showing us the breakdown) and drenched in (what looked like cold) sweat and a lot of people can't even make the effort to follow?

Don't let his pain go to waste la...

I just wanted to shout out "can I just take over for you and you go get some rest??" His second and third blocks are the same as last Tuesdays, so I could've done it for him if it was allowed. But it would've been rude or against regulations. Besides, its his choice to take on teaching the class despite his condition.

So the best thing that I did was just follow his choreography the best that I could and hope that others can/will follow me. And at least talked to him after the class to make sure he is ok.

The guy is a bit crazy... but then, so was I and my finger surgery, and so was Hiro with his appendix surgery. There must be something wrong with gym rat freaks like us...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home