Sunday, February 25, 2007

Camut Band (Its Not Something You Want To Miss)

Truth to tell, I had no idea what I was going into when I bought tickets for this show to be performed at the Central Hong Kong City Hall. All I knew is that I live on music, I like rhythm, I love moving my feet to the beat (my gym progresses can attest to that) and I love jumping and spinning round and round. Take the fact that was Itaking jazz dancing at the time that the ads for this show came out, and I was in a full fledged adrenaline rush for dancing and performing, I quickly picked out this show along side a fully orchestra supported ballet performance and a dark play directed by Tim Robbins to satisfy my energetic whims.

I was ready to fall asleep before the show - having worked full day straight, and missing out on ALL my Sunday gym classes due to this, and add the fact that I have been awake since 7am in the morning on Saturday - I was really ready to fall flat on my face and snore the show away.

Boy, was I wrong.

The show was awesome. There's probably not enough adjectives in my vocabulary to express my enthusiasm and excitement after watching the show, but allow me to take my best shot:

Four sensational tap dancers, two impressive percussionists, a lot of rhythm, spinning, humor, audience interaction and a whole new world to behold after seeing what the medium of tap dancing and percussion drumming can express, compressed in a roughly two hour show.

Using the feet to create the beat? Check.
Tap dancing for the Blues? Check.
Rap themed dance step to the medium of sand in a box? Check.
Flamenco oriented groove? Check.
Chanting in an a capella type presentation with humor and acting? Check.
High speed tapping faster than you can say Flash? Check.
Lively audience participation? Check.
Lots of spinning, twisting, tapping, jumping and flying? Check, check, check, check and check!

Totally well worth paid ticket to a show I'm glad I did not miss.. its amazing to see dancers who makes music out of nothing, the stomp and slide to beat to their feet and moving in a fluid like, spunky smooth grace that will leave your eyes glued to the stage and your hands clapping. The best of all? Its not a snobbish, only for the higher classes show. Even better, its best show for both adults and kids to enjoy - whether you like music or not. Cool.

Would've begged for more. SoooOOOoo well worth it.

Catch their website at www.camutband.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home