Monday, November 14, 2005

Knee Results 1

Been to the doctor again last Friday afternoon. The doctor checked out my knee again (since the swelling has ebbed) and took a look at it.

The verdict? well, doctor says that there shouldn't be any problem with my bones, based on his physical examination. He says that's also the reason why he didn't recommend to do any x-rays. But he did suggest that I go see a physiotherapist about it since my legs are still slightly hurting. He recommends that I take a ultrasound, and some recommended exercises to strengthen my muscles.

Actually, after talking to a medical graduate friend of mine, it seems that there are 2 types of ultrasound. The well known one is to have ultrasound to check out my muscles to see if there's any problem, and the other one is "a deep heating modality that lessens pain and reduces edema" - basically it means its part of a treatment that would reduce pain, but not necessarily a diagnosis tool. I was hoping it would be the diagnosis tool because I still feel that there may be something wrong with my knee.. but I will have to see on Wednesday (that's when I made my appointment) and check out what happens..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home