Sunday, August 21, 2005

Installing Linux (Fedora Core 4) Woes

Days and days and weeks gone by, and I've been submerged into the world of Oracle and Linux all at the same time.

I can barely keep everything in my head.

Tried installing Fedora Core 4 a couple of times.. once with my supervisor's CD, next with my own CD (figuring out maybe my supervisor's CD was faulty) and finally with a DVD copy of Fedora 4. All have gone down the drain. Installing is no problem, but when the process hits the post installation stage, I get the following traceback/dump every time:

File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 1137, in handleRenderCallback
self.currentWindow.renderCallback()
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/iw/progress_gui.py", line 244, in renderCallback
self.intf.icw.nextClicked()
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 873, in nextClicked
self.dispatch.gotoNext()
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 174, in gotoNext
self.moveStep()
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 242, in moveStep
rc = apply(func, self.bindArgs(args))
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/packages.py", line 1204, in doPostInstall
stdout = devnull)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/iutil.py", line 53, in execWithRedirect
raise RuntimeError, command + " can not be run"
RuntimeError: /usr/sbin/kudzu can not be run


Horrible. Found out the same error has been happening to some users, and a bug listed in the RedHat site.

I figured i might as well upgrade from FedoraCore 3, but realized that it had the same problem, albeit some people posted solutions concerning microcodes.

Uhm, no.

Not yet anyway. Not microcodes. Not yet.

So I moved on to finding another Linux distribution that would work....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home