Monday, May 02, 2005

Shoe Hunting Spree

I just managed to get myself 5 pairs of shoes last Saturday.

Apparently, its not normal to get 5 paris of shoes in a shot, especially when it comes from just one shop. This comes as a revelation as I talk about it with my girl friends. I was planning to get at most three pairs, since I've been insanely running out of things to wear (most of my shoes are boots or very out of fashion and dont match with my clothes anymore) and thinking than rather getting new clothes to match the shoes i have existing, I'd rather have shoes to match. Besides, i've never had decent office shoes before; I might as well get one now. (and you wonder what i kind of shoes wear when i go to my office everyday..)

First and foremost I made the conscious decision to get shoes that are comfortable. Nothing beats comfort, as you attempt to walk about the office the whole day with spanking corporate-looking high heeled shoes killing your feet. one of the main reasons why I dont have proper office shoes; actually I have one at home, but I've barely used it because it was killing me.

Cheap shoes does that to you, but sometimes even branded ones do that too. I knew i just had to pick the right brands, and I already has 2 shops in mind. They're higher ended shops. Even the average branded shops just dont give that kind of quality and comfort to the wearer; I suspect most of them are cheaply made and not very well designed enough for these shops to be able to cater such a wide variety of styles without minding user comfort.

So i came up into one of the shops.. and picked out 3. I was just intending to get 2, but seeing that they were having a 40% off sale (this shop rarely discounts their products, thus to my glee i find them having such a big discount... well, you know the rest) Then the sales person mentioned that you can actually get a discount card once you get 5 pairs of shoes. Seeing that all 3 of the shoes i picked were office shoes, i figured, sure, why not get 2 more. Casual ones. But i told myself, after this, im not going to be buying shoes for some time anymore.

So i ended up with 5 pairs.

Honestly, i thought it was a deal. Actually, it is. They're all the most comfortable shoes I've bought since one given to me by my boyfriend like.. oh,... 5 years ago?I thought that this was way normal..

But hehe, i guess it might exactly be normal. I should've kept in mind that my mind differs somewhat from the average person, seeing that I have my own little world that I'm living in inside my head.

Ah, but comfortable shoes are still comfortable shoes.

Heavenly.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

Hm. Good thing our foot sizes stay pretty much the same at our age. Heh heh.

That said, though, I'm of a uniquely "guy" school of thought where I get only one new pair of shoes, sale or no sale. We're impractical like that. :)

11:57 AM  
Blogger cstiu said...

Actually for girls shoe sizes fluctuate when we get pregnant. But that's a long way off for me to think about in the meantime. I have no idea though if our shoe sizes revert back to the original size after pregnancy tho.

just a little something you might want to know...

1:29 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

That's pretty weird... first time I've heard of it. But why would one's foot size change upon pregnancy?

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home