Saturday, January 29, 2005

Alternative Exercise

I just realized that my nephew is _REALLY_ heavy.

A friend of mine brought her nephew to my place. 3-month old boy, probably taller than my 2-month old nephew. My friend wanted to get lunch at a resto down and across our place, and she was with her sis-in-law and a friend of mine. Since I wasnt coming, she asked if she can leave her her nephew at my place.

Sure, no problem.

I rocked the baby to sleep. I wasnt so difficult, in 10 minutes, the baby gave one quiet yawn, closed his eyes, and went to sleep. He was snoring.

Then comes my nephew, who just finished his meal and was also about to go to sleep. Well at least, about to go to sleep, after I rock him to sleep (I was suspiciously starting to feel like being in a caretaker in a nursery at this point.. I should be getting money for this...) Grabbing my nephew and cradling him in my arms, I started to rock his to sleep....

....

Just 5 minutes after, my arms were sore. And the little devil hasnt given any indication of falling asleep yet.

.... (after spending the whole day looking after Tidus - yes, the name is official now, I stopped calling him Squigly already - Evening came.) ...

At the end of the day, I dropped to my bed and slept like a baby.

Until the next morning, when I was shocked to discover my whole body was sore. What a workout. :

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home