Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Linux Simulated Environment in Windows

I've always figured Windows was a crappy OS, with all the hanging and blue screen and stuff, but when it got to the point when I can't change file names by batch to a certain format, I've really had it. I have nothing against people who does batch scripts, but using the windows cmd.exe to do this will be the death of me. Possible or not, I have no idea, but seeing the batch scripts available online, I don't think I'll be able to succeed in any undertaking just because command line isnt really the thing for Windows-based apps, particularly those done by Microsoft.

I proceeded to install Cygwin into my home PC.

Now I have successfully changed all my sound files with their proper formatted names in less than a minute. They look so nice when i do a ls on them. SO nice. SooOOOoo pretty.

_EVERYONE_ should have this installed in their PC. I feel so much better. That feeling of being in control, even for just a short bit ... away from the blue screen, low memory, or fatal errors. Im sooOOOooo HAPPY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home