Wednesday, January 05, 2005

After the Holidays

I've had a busy holiday.. hence the reason why I havent logged any entry here. First off, I wasnt able to do my Christmas shopping this year. Work picked up just as Christmas was approaching, and I was left to my own within the confines of the work cubicle. I havent even had the chance to go to the gym since I came back from the Philippines, and therefore, no gym progress reports to remind me how I'm doing. I can already feel the layer of fat crumped up in that not too comfortable office pants.

Its been a month since my nephew was born. True to chinese traditions, we celebrated his first month by giving out a party to close friends and relatives. Nevertheless, Squigly, as I affectionately call him (see this for reference), despite being the star of the night, slept all the way through. Didnt even notice that he was being passed on to different people, but a baby's life is simple and easy: Cry for food, also cry when uncomfortable, and sleep afterwards. There's not much else to do when you really cant help yourself to the fridge to get some ice cream or watch the latest tv series. Probably hear everything muffled and see blurred images at his stage. Thats' how I spent my Christmas night.

A friend came over to spend the holidays in Hongkong, so I spent the rest of my weekend taking her out. In the meantime, I was also rushing to get warm clothes since weather reports note that the coming weeks will have temperatures at a low of 7 degrees. Its not really much compared to other sub zero climates, but its cold enough for me. That was done on New Year's Eve. I also did a bit of christmas shopping then.

Friend called to hang around and sleep over my place. Her apartment is the pits when it comes to winter season. For some strange reason , location, structure or otherwise, her place becomes a freezer during winters. So I spent my eve with a friend chatting and putting on moisturizers to protect us from the coldest day of the year so far (of course), which was New Year's Day. (of course its going to be the coldest of the year so far!)

Another friend came over on Saturday, and we just hung around watching cnn showing the horrible scenes in South Asia. I've read about it online, but since cnn doesnt allow non paying surfers like me to view their video clips, I have yet to see any of the destruction caused by the tsunami on video. I dont have cable at home (because we're too stingy to pay for other channels) so I just watched cnn with my friend.

Had dinner with my hk friends on new years day. I also got a bluetooth adapter and headphone as a Christmas gift. That was a great gift, as it would let me talk to my boyfriend over internet chat on top of my bunk bed. I was now thinking of getting a bluetooth mouse, and a bluetooth keyboard and a bluetooth webcam. Oh lets not forget the bluetooth enabled phone. I just need to get my finances straight.

I spent Jan 2 nursing my face that i got from the blistering cold yesterday . What a horrible day. What perked me up was we had hotpot at home, and as usual, it was good. Its customary for our family to have hotpots on new years day. (well, ok, its not really new years day, but close enough).

I cant wait for this coming weekend. All this hustle and bustle has left me with a need of personal space all of a sudden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home