Monday, January 17, 2005

What a facinating outlet of expression!

There's something utterly fascinating about seeing your own words published in a nicely layoutted, colorful looking page.

I just spent the last hour staring and reading my own blog.

I find this a fascinating experience.

Could it be the secretly private desire to be seen publicly with my thoughts? Would I be something like a hidden closet?

You have to understand, seeing words written in notepad isn't exactly the most exciting thing in the face of the earth. (Like what I'm doing just right now) You wouldn't want to read a 15 page essay in Wordpad either. But strangely enough, its not so bad when reading it from this blog site.
What a strange thing...

I think I had a similar experience during the transition between printing out documents in Wordstar during the 80s, and moving on to a Microsoft Office Word print out for my mediocre thesis paper.

The way I figured was, "Man, my thesis looks like a official looking document... like.. like... like a BOOK! Amazing!"

If i try to remember it now... After being so used to word already... my actual comment to my former self would be... "What a dimwit."

Hmm. I think I should just stop staring at my blog now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

Bloggers are just like exhibitionists in that regard. (Pardon the reference.)

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home