Thursday, October 07, 2004

US Eastcoast Trips, Nobel Prize

Things to take note of: When in the States, go for Maine/NewHampshire's Appalachian Trail as well as a subway tour of New York City. (I just read that in CNN.com)

This is it. They're starting to announce the winners of Nobel Prize this year. All that's left is the Nobel Prize for Literature and the Nobel Peace Prize. They should have the results out within the day for Literature... I can't wait.

I wonder if I'll win the prize for Nobel Peace Prize? I'm sure lots of people nominated me this year. 10 Million Swedish Kronors will definitely come in handy. Hey but don't look at me, I'm not in it for the money, its just an extra plus. I didnt even know about the prize money til I surfed over at Nobelprize.org last night. Im just in it for the sole reason of being able to leave a legacy to and a mark in the world.

What's that they say? "Betterment of Mankind"? :)

Can't wait. Maybe I can use the money to get a better pair of shoes. The one im using is dying already.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

There's always been a cash amount that goes with the Nobel Prize. The winners usually use the money to further future research. Sometimes they donate a sizable portion to charity.

The money was originally the income from investments of the profits gained by Alfred Nobel, the inventor of dynamite. He was horrified at the fact that his invention - created for building and construction - was later used for war, and thus organized the Nobel Prizes.

At the moment, the money used for the Nobel Prize is most likely the income from sizable investments sourced from the original Nobel fund as well as a number of private financial backers.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home