Thursday, October 07, 2004

Definitely Making My Day

I just had the most wonderful evening.

4:30 pm and friends calling me up to organize a fukienese Pua Tiong Chiu game by tomorrow. Not that its their fault, but the past few days have been really busy for me. Last week I tried to organize one; two weeks before the event I asked everyone if they wanted date A or date B. After deciding on date A, a few days before the event, I thought i should confirm it with everyone. Last minute, every one backs out.

Great.

So fast forward to today, Thursday. Most of the people wanted it Friday, tomorrow. Sure. Its only 4:30 right now, Ill get off work early and do some shopping. Friend calls. Im really busy trying to finish deadlines. Asks if I can check where "A New Police Story" is showing near her at around 5:30pm. *Sure*. CEO hovering around my desk. So is my supervisor. What are they doing hanging there? If they wanted to talk to me, just talk, ok. Don't hover. Its not nice. How the hell am I going to check the movie schedules with two hawks circling over me. Its not like they think I'm such a great employee or anything.

4:45 pm. CEO and supervisor stops hovering. Called up my friend for her movie schedule request. I should be leaving soon. Cant wait to leave.

5:00 pm. I just remembered I had to finish one last bit of work before setting off. Work work work.

5:30 pm. And Im off!

5:45 pm. I need to eat dinner before I start to go shopping for the Pua Tiong Chiu game. Shit. I just remembered I need to do a deployment for one of our production databases tomorrow morning. at 3am. I should be sleeping early. What the hell am I doing bothering shopping for? Oh yes, friends who are expecting Pua Tiong Chiu. Im the one who's supposed to organize it since I won first prize last year. Gawd, I think I'm going to die. Maybe I should get something to eat first so I can think straight. Oh, its before 6. Yoshinoya beef bowls for HKD$13.00. Good deal, good deal.

6:00 pm. Eating Yoshinoya beef bowl rice. Still not thinking straight. Only 8 people coming with a contribution of HKD$100 each. Need to break $800 down so we can have enough prizes to make the event enjoyable.

Shit, i forgot to call one of my friends who was nice enough to offer her place for BBQ during the Pua Tiong Chiu night. Need to call need to call. Hello?

6:15 pm. Lost in Causeway Bay. Still havent figured out what to get for prizes. Those Roasted Chestnuts look nice.

7:00pm. Running around in Ikea (large home/furniture chain. see www.ikea.co.uk) trying to figure out what's appropriate prize. Shit, its 7pm already. I need to go home soon, I have to work at 3am tomorrow.

7:30pm. Sitting at the park in Causeway Bay. I still havent figured out how to breakdown the contributions. Oh wait, here's a good idea. Yes, that sounds good. I think I will. Ouch. Something wrong with my foot. Its freezing up. I think I'm twisting my ankle. Pulling my ligment. What the hell do you call it in english. I'm getting "diu kun" in fukienese. There. Dammit. Wait. Bright idea. I'll head off to the nearest supermarket chain. Maybe I can find some good ideas there. Damn feet is killing me. Wake up you stupid feet.

7:45pm. DEFINITELY a GOOD IDEA. There's tons here. Oreos, Ritz Crackers, nice face towels. Good good. I'm heading off to Ikea again later. I saw a nice set to handle holders enough to fit into the budget. OMG, this supermarket is really cold. My fingers are going blue. I have GOT to get out of here. Got to get out. Sonofa--- OUCH! I just hit my little pinkie toe with the pushcart. DAMMIT ITS BLEEDING!! Gawd, this supermarket bag is heavy. What's with the diu kun? Why the hell am I doing this all alone?? hold on, this damn supermarket bag is relaly heavy. I thought face towels were just all air???

8:30pm. Got the scented candles. Got the candle holders, got the picture frames. Used my credit card to pay. Shit, this supermarket bag is REALLY heavy. Ouch my pinkie. The glass candle holders and 50 scented candles arent helping any, either. OMG, its 8:30 already. I need to wake up at 3am to work. I shouldn't be doing this, I should be sleeping already. I need to wake up at 3am. Im going to screw the deployment tomorrow if I dont go to sleep. I should be sleeping. I should be sleeping. Whatthef-ck, this supermarket bad is heavy. This ikea bag isnt helping any, either. OooooOOOooooHHHhh my leg's freezing up again... diu kun.... urrggkk...Can my leg just give me a break?!?! I JUST WANT TO GET HOME AND GO TO SLEEP. I NEED TO DO DEPLOYMENT AT 3AM TOMORROW MORNING.

9:00pm. Finally. At home. Boyfriend promised to be home in 30 minutes. He's still hanging out with friends. Dammit. I should have a boyfriend who spends his time with me. I'm tired. I'm really tired. I should be sleeping. I have deployment at 3am. Home swweeet home... I can sleep now.... sweeett.... WHATTHEF-CK??? WHERE'S MY WALLET????

9:01pm. Where the hell is my wallet???

9:02pm. ****Where the hell is my fucking wallet??? ***

9:05pm. F-CKF-CKF-CKF-CKF-CK WHERE THE F-CK IS MY WALLET????

9:10pm. *snob* *snob* I'm just doing my job and helping organize a party. I just sacrificed my pinkie, got frozen over at the supermarket, pulled my leg, carrying heavy loads of glass , candles, towels, oreos, ritz, picture frames... Isn't my sacrifice enough already? Do I have to also lose my wallet? I JUST USED MY CREDIT CARD TO PAY FOR THE IKEA STUFF!!! HOW THE HELL DID THAT WALLET GET LOST?

9:15pm. I just lost all my pictures. Me and my boyfriends pictures. My credit card. My Hongkong ID card. *sOb* My pretty leather wallet!!!! THAT WAS MY FAVORITE! *sob sob sob*

9:20pm. Hello HSBC? I just lost my wallet *sob* I need to cancel 3 cards... Hello?.... Hello??... Uhh... HELLO?... Can you please hurry up? I still need to cancel my other cards you know.

9:40pm. Hello Bank of China? I just lost my wallet *sob sob* I need to cancel 2 cards...

9:50pm. Im pissed. I need to wake up at 3am tomorrow. Damn stupid pinkie is still bleeding. *sob sob* I miss my wallet.. *sob sob*

9:55pm. Hold on. WHERE THE HELL IS MY BOYFRIEND?

10:00pm. Screw everything. I'm getting the fastfood PS2 game my supervisor lent me today and play until 3am. FUCK IT.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home