Thursday, September 30, 2004

Divide and Conquer

I spent my day doing exactly just that: dividing and conquering. To be frank, Its just mass murder, and hell of a bloody business. Im still doing it now, as I write the day's events in here.

Yes, its supposed to make things easier, but right now it seems a lot harder than it sounds. Im still whacking away. Clunk clunk. It would have been a more pleasurable experience if I were conquering lands. I'd get people's taxes, their land, their food (ooohh food glorious food!) But no, sadly, no lands in sight. Heck, I'd even take chess.

Instead, im getting my hands bloodied with work. If i can just pull out a screwdriver and hammer and a pick-axe, then everything would be swell. I can just tear everything apart. Or throw work out of the window, down 36 floors of pure adventurous thrill, a loud clanker and sweet sound of bolts and nuts as the server hits the hard concrete and (im hoping a) wet floor. Whoops, there goes your production system.

Now if , at the moment, someone said VLDB partitioning was smooth sailing, I would then say that it's a lie. And I'll throw you in a heave ho for good measure too. You'll definitely feel the thrill of a 36 floor drop to the ground. Whoops, there goes your 9 lives. I hope you believe in reincarnation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home