Thursday, June 08, 2006

On Sick Leaves (Quickie)

After getting the surgery... I've been given 4 days worth of leaves. You'd think that'd be a blessing.

Trust me, first day of leave, I've been lying around the house... eating sleeping reading trying to rest...

Its quite boring.

Thank goodness though. Those painkillers that the doctor prescribed takes effect 5 minutes after I've swallowed the first pill. Its called cosalgesic (distagesic). Totally like a sleeping pill... conks me out like a baby. No wonder I could sleep even on mornings. Normally I can't. I wonder how much dosage it actually contains to give that kind of shot. I just have to remember to pop it on evenings...

Well I did have to get my fingers redressed, but I had to get to another doctor/General surgeon in my medical insurance's panel doctors list. Turns out the painkillers prescribed to me are known to give people stomach problems when eaten. So were the antibiotics (that's 350mg for you... and 3 times a day too! From what I've heard, that's quite a punch of antibiotics).

Ah well, I didn't have any stomach upset, and the painkillers where certainly making me sleep like a baby... Who's going to complain?

But honestly though.. taking a day's leave when you're sick is quite boring, especially when the surgery leaves you feeling better than before it. I would've welcomed the sick leave when I was having those sleepless nights. But alas, the world seems to be inverted. I feel much better and in a better disposition after the surgery, despite the huuUUUUGE wicked cut from the surgery.

Definitely boring, this time around. I think I'll go to the office tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home